Apple Inc has made progress on boosting gender and racial diversity in its U.S. workforce, a regulatory document filed by the iPhone maker showed.
Silicon Valley companies have been criticized for the lack of diversity and have been facing increasing pressure to diversify their largely male, mostly white workforces.
Read the story here.
- Silicon Valley To Women Who’ve Left Tech: Please Come Back (International Business Times)
- Report Reveals Inconsistency with Apple’s Workplace Diversity Claims (INSIGHT Into Diversity)
- Apple's employee diversity improved in 2015 — but only just (Business Insider)
- Apple is (very) slowly improving its employee diversity (Engadget)
- Here's everything Facebook is doing this year to address its 'pathetic' diversity numbers (Business Insider)
- Can't hack it: Tech's diversity efforts are 'a failure' (CNN Money)
- Why Doesn’t Silicon Valley Hire Black Coders? (Bloomberg Business)
- Why Does Silicon Valley Continue Lacking Diversity? (Diversity, Inc.)
- New Study Finds Gender Discrimination in the Tech Industry Is Still Sky-High (VOGUE)
- The tech world has yet to embrace Martin Luther King’s dream (Daily Dot)