The Office Administrator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the AAAED Board and Executive Committee for quarterly and annual meetings and the AAAED annual conference including assembling board reports and other materials, securing a location for meetings, making travel arrangements and other coordination, logistical, and accommodation requirements.
- Handling office administration including filing, maintenance and archives of electronic and paper records, mail sorting, space and facilities logistics, and temporary and internship staffing.
- Serving as first point of contact by answering telephone calls and other inquiries from the membership and the public, including the media.
- Processing membership registrations and benefits; work with Membership Chair to distribute membership satisfaction surveys and collect survey analyses.
- Handling AAAED bills and collections.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the AAAED’s listserv and website.
- Assisting the chair of the Professional Development and Training Institute to deliver training by identifying locations for the training, assembling the materials, arranging travel, marketing, developing online registration site and processing registrations, coordinating onsite logistics, providing technical support for webinar training, and other logistical support.
- Providing assistance to the AAAED Executive Director and AAAED Board to increase AAAED’s membership and raise the visibility of the organization.
- Minimum of two years of office management experience and an exposure to event or conference planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Publisher and database use required.
- The ability to work independently, develop schedules, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines is essential.
Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Willingness to travel to board meetings, professional development training and annual meetings.
- Experience with association management and/or civil rights organizations is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to aaaaexecdir[at]gmail.com.