Monday, September 20, 2010

Goldman Bias Suit Offers Wall Street an Opening: Jacki Zehner

Bloomberg
By Jacki Zehner -
Sep 16, 2010 9:00 PM ET

Does gender discrimination exist at Goldman Sachs Group Inc.?
That is the question this week after three women filed a lawsuit seeking class-action status against the firm. The 72- page complaint chronicles their experiences while at Goldman. As a former Goldman partner, I am upset by their accounts.
I joined Goldman in 1988 as an analyst in the mortgage securities department and two years later became a trader on the mortgage desk. By 1996 I was managing the fixed-rate trading desk, and was made a partner. I was the youngest woman and first female trader to hold that position.
I believe I was promoted because of both my profitability and my commitment to teamwork. It also helped that I was a woman. Although I had to deal with my share of bad-boy behavior, from both clients and Goldman men, whenever it crossed the line I always had a person to talk to about it. No issue was left unresolved. Further, I felt my performance evaluations were well-executed and fair.

Full Story: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-17/goldman-bias-suit-offers-wall-street-a-chance-commentary-by-jacki-zehner.html

No comments: