Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Affirmative Action: Race vs. Class

The Huffington Post
Alessandra Bradley-Burns
Posted: 10/15/2012 3:26 pm

I absolutely earned my admission there and earned my right to stay once I was there, but I have no doubt that my acceptance to Georgetown's School of Foreign Service and Georgetown's School of Medicine were directly and indirectly impacted by Affirmative Action and its legacy. I have personally benefited from Affirmative Action.
I grew up in one of the United States' many non-traditional communities (NTCs). Our micro-community was comprised of orthodox Jewish families, families whose history was from other lands, farmlands and communes. We were people of color, people who learned English as a second or third or fourth language.

Full Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allessandra-bradleyburns/affirmative-action_b_1959076.html

No comments: