Monday, March 26, 2012

Facebook stalking in the name of affirmative action


Christian Science Monitor

Ahead of the Supreme Court hearing on affirmative action, I recall how at Roll Call newspaper, I was told that one of our three interns had to be from a racial minority. Diversity is important, but giving someone an advantage beyond his experience degrades the applicant and the hirer.

By Debra Bruno / March 21, 2012

Beijing


There I was, Facebook stalking again. But I wasn’t chasing after an old boyfriend or trying to see if my niece was having too good a time in Italy. As the internship coordinator for Roll Call (now CQ Roll Call), a newspaper covering Congress on Capitol Hill, I was looking at the faces of candidates for internships.

Full Story: http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2012/0321/Facebook-stalking-in-the-name-of-affirmative-action

No comments: