Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
OFCCP’S SECTION 503 ADVANCE NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) is issuing this Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) in order to invite the general public to provide input on how OFCCP can strengthen the affirmative action requirements of 41 CFR part 60-741, the regulations implementing Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (Section 503).The Section 503 ANPRM will be published in the Federal Register on July 23, 2010. All comments must be received on or before September 21, 2010.
Here is some important information regarding this ANPRM action:
1. What is an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking?An ANPRM is a formal notice to the general public by a government agency that they intend to create new regulations or modify existing regulations.
2. Why should this notice be of interest to me?
The notice offers:
• An opportunity for you to impact new or revised regulations before they are finalized.
• The general public advanced knowledge of changes being considered and a means to submit suggestions and/or recommendations.
• Regulatory transparency to the general public.
• Participatory Democracy.
3. How do I submit comments to OFCCP?
You may submit comments by either of the following methods:
• Using the internet, go to the Federal eRulemaking Portal called Regulations.gov at: http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#home.
Follow the instructions for submitting comments using the RIN number 1250-AA02.
• Mail or hand deliver/courier comments to: Barbara J. Bingham, Acting Director, Division of Policy, Planning, and Program Development, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, Room N3422, 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20210.
For the OFCCP ANPRM, go to: http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#documentDetail?R=0900006480b1fd5a
For the OFCCP Media Release, go to: http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/ofccp/ofccp20101015.htm