Monday, February 2, 2009

Lorenzo Harrison new Acting Director of the OFCCP

As detailed below, Lorenzo Harrison is the new Acting head of the OFCCP.
(Thanks to Pat Parrish, Peoplesoft, Inc., for this information...)

Dear Private Sector Colleagues,

While it may be old news to some, I have been thinking for weeks to reach out to you and others to communicate about some of the changes that have transpired at OFCCP.I am currently serving as the national Policy Director at OFCCP and, officially as of today, as the senior designated official for OFCCP during the ongoing transition to our new Obama Administration which of course assumed control of the Federal government and all of its agencies today. My long-time Deputy and colleague Michele Hodge continues to anchor senior leadership in both the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions, and in fact has become the (Acting) Regional Director for the Mid-Atlantic States. While I continue to have broad oversight of the Northeast as the now (Acting) RD there, Michele is providing the day-to-day executive oversight there as well.My goal now, and up until the time our new President and Secretary of Labor appoint a new permanent Director of OFCCP, is to provide the best leadership I can. Where we find clear opportunities to advance equal employment opportunity amongst Federal contractors we will take advantage of them. You should be encouraged to know that I will always confront the national challenges that come my way by drawing from experiences I gained from working with many of you “out in the field”. Because I was determined to not let another day go by without getting some kind of communication out to you, I was unable to assemble everyone’s e-mail address. So please assist me by passing this message along to those you know I would want to receive it and to those you know who should get it as well.Thank you for your collegiality over the years and I look forward to working with you over these upcoming months and throughout the new administration.

Lorenzo

No comments: